A Weekend for Lovebirds on the Forgotten Coast
By Forgotten Coast Web Team | January 27, 2021
Surprise and impress your sweetheart with a weekend getaway.
Winter can be a romantic time on the Forgotten Coast. Are you wondering what to do for a romantic weekend with your honey? Follow your heart to the Forgotten Coast. Here are 7 ways you can make the most of it.
- Start with romantic lodging. Book a room at one of our beautiful Bed & Breakfasts, Historic Inns, or Vacation Rentals.
- What to do with your time together? Walk the shops in Apalachicola or rent bicycles and ride through the charming Apalachicola Historic District. Or, if an ocean breeze is more your style, bike on the paved paths over St. George Island and down to the end of the fishing pier. Stroll Carrabelle’s Marine Street and enjoy the view.
- Is history your thing? Take a walking tour and learn about and see the area’s natural beauty and history. Apalachicola and Carrabelle have historic walking tours, and the maps and information can be found at their visitor centers.
- Sample local, fresh seafood at one of our delicious restaurants.
- Take a sunset walk on the beach and let the beauty and glow bathe you.
- Have dinner and enjoy live music at one of our many venues.
- Before you leave town, stop at any of our area seafood markets to grab some fresh seafood to prepare at home.
Romance, fun, and relaxation are waiting for you on the Forgotten Coast. Don’t wait. Save your spot at one of our B&Bs, Inns, or Vacation Rentals.