Community Connections Programs: Activities, Snacks, Stories, & Games
June 26 @ 2:00 pm - June 30 @ 3:00 pm
The Franklin County Public Library’s Summer Reading Program continues for the 2nd week, June 26th thru 30th at the Franklin County Public Libraries. Both library branches will have fun activities for both kids and adults during this program in celebration of the theme, “All Together Now”. Library programs are free and open to the public and participants do not need a library card to participate.
Summer Reading is an annual program that brings children, teens, and families into local public libraries for reading and activities. The benefits to readers in a summer reading program include encouraging a lifelong reading habit, attracting reluctant readers through activities, helping children keep their skills up over the summer, and generating interest in the library and books plus the program can provide great summer fun and an opportunity for family time.
This year’s theme, ALL TOGETHER NOW, is centered around Kindness, Friendship, and Unity and comes with tons of opportunities to enjoy the library’s resources and connect with the community.
Week Two (June 26th-30th) “Community Connections” (Community)
• June 26th- Disaster Preparedness for Kids with Franklin EOC 2:00 PM @ both branches. A presentation and activity for kids about disaster preparedness.
• June 27th- Youth Nutrition Program with Franklin UF/IFAS Extension Office 10:00 AM @ Eastpoint; 1:00 PM @ Carrabelle. Kayle Mearse with the UF/IFAS Extensions office will have nutrition books and healthy snacks for kids.
• June 28th- Story Time with FCSO 2:00 PM @ Eastpoint. Sheriff Smith will be at the library to host story time.
• June 28th- Coffee and Cards 10:00 AM @ Carrabelle. Social meetup for adults to enjoy free coffee, cards and games.
• June 29th- Coffee and Cards 10:00 AM @ Eastpoint. Social meetup for adults to enjoy free coffee, cards and games.
• June 29th- Story Time with Franklin County Property Appraiser Rhonda Skipper 2:00 PM @ Carrabelle. Property Appraiser Rhonda Skipper will be hosting story time.
• June 30th- Community Recipe Swap 2:00 PM @ both branches. Bring in your favorite shareable recipe for others to sample and take home some new recipe cards to try.
Franklin County Public Library Eastpoint Branch is located at 160 Hickory Dip Rd, Eastpoint, FL. For more information about Eastpoint Library activities, contact the Eastpoint Branch Library at (850) 670-8151. The Carrabelle Branch Library is located at 311 St. James Ave. SE (Hwy 98), Carrabelle. For more information on Carrabelle activities, call the Carrabelle Branch at (850) 697-2366. Or go to https://fcpl.wildernesscoast.org/summer-reading.
The Summer Reading Program is sponsored by the Friends of the Franklin County Public Libraries. Friends of Franklin County Public Libraries is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports the Franklin County Public Libraries in Eastpoint and Carrabelle, Florida.