- This event has passed.
September 12 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Apalachicola Riverkeeper, along with the Franklin County Departments of Parks & Recreation and Solid Waste & Recycling, is co-sponsoring the Ocean Conservancy’s 34th Annual International Coast Cleanup, the world’s largest volunteer effort to help protect our oceans, lakes and rivers. In Franklin County last year, 373 volunteers collected almost 7 tons of trash from the local beaches, bay, gulf, and river. Each year, volunteers not only remove trash from the environment but also record what they collect in order to develop ways to deter these trash problems in the future.
Cleanup Locations and Where to Meet:
- Apalachicola: 10’ Hole Battery Park – under the bridge
- Apalachicola – Abercrombie Landing – 12th Street out about 4 miles
- Bald Point State Park: 146 Box Cut Rd, Alligator Point
- Carrabelle: City Pavilion on Marine Street
- Carrabelle: Carrabelle Beach Across from RV park
- Eastpoint: Former Pavilion Area next to Eastpoint Brewery on HWY 98
- Eastpoint: Marion Millender Park – off Patton St.
- Lanark Beach: Public Access Pt. – Arizona St. south of Hwy 98
- St. George Island: Downtown Lighthouse Park – in front of lighthouse
- St. George Island State Park: Check-in at Park Gate (appropriate for adults)