Camp Gordon Johnston WWII Museum
The Camp Gordon Johnston WWII Museum was established to honor and preserve the heritage of the men and women who trained at the camp during WWII. Camp Gordon Johnston opened in 1942 for the sole purpose of training Infantry Divisions and their support units in amphibious operations by U. S. Army Engineer Special Brigades [ESB]. This camp trained a quarter of a million people, closing in June of 1946. Three infantry divisions and two special brigades left here after receiving amphibious training to confront tyranny both in Europe and the Pacific. Learn about their dedication, fears, and heroism at our museum. The museum is located across the street from Carrabelle Beach. Admission is free and all visitors are welcome.